Monuments of town planning Ukrainian SSR
Over a narrow wooden pews were placed choirs, the entrance to which was from the top deck of the slope of the mountain. During the invasion of Batu Khan, the monastery was damaged, but Elias Church survived.
At the end of the XVI century the main volume of the Church was raised to the level of the top of the Gables and developed complete multi-profiled cornice, was also built an apse. Over her and above the pews were constructed of small chapters. The Church purchased a cubic volume and became three-headed.
In 1649 Elias Church converted: demolished ancient porch and a Western pentagonal extension, which allows to increase the internal space by dismantling large parts of the ancient Western facade of the wall, adjacent to the ancient narthex, Chora destroyed. Western Chapter was also dismantled, but has a Chapter on the extension. Built the Central dome, which became a much-salomei. Monument acquired the features characteristic of the Baroque style in Ukraine. In this form it has reached our time. The monument of time, triceps, in terms of one-neny with a rectangular vestibule of the same width with the nave and a semicircular apse, the devil-stolbny. The cupola drum of the Central dome arches are included in the wall. The temple facades are segmented with blades.
Spatial resolution miniature physical size of the temple is high-rise development through a multi-tiered conclusion.
In the interior preserved works of decorative-applied art of 1774–the carving and painting of the same period. Reconstructed with the maximum identifying the elements of ancient architecture within its current appearance. The monument is the only surviving single-nave building of ancient Russian architecture of the feudal period. 8/3 Its construction was of great importance for the construction of single-nave churches of XIV—XVI centuries. the Construction is interesting as an example of a complex* decision of the architectural and engineering designs, landscaping, paintings with fragmented restoration of the ancient monument.
The bell tower, 1908-1910 Located on the southern slope of the Boldin hills, on a small platform, part of which is formed by an artificial mound, North-West her Elias Church. Built in the era of “historicism”. The two bottom tiers— brick, plastered, and whitewashed. Top — wood. Three-tiered bell tower of the quadrangle on the quadrangle, is the octagon of the belfry. In each face of the second and third tiers of openings with semicircular tie plates. In the first tier — small
Elias Church. View from the North-West.
semicircular Windows. The floor of the first tier of the semicircular arch, the second beam is flat. The facades of the first level end with triangular pediments. The dome and cupola of the bell tower is Baroque, similar in shape to the domes of the Church of St Elias.
The bell tower is an example of a successful imitation of Baroque forms in the period of historicism.
Cave and underground structures, XI — XVIII centuries are Located in the array of the Boldin hills. The fundamental principle of ancient Ilyinsky monastery. The history of the caves and underground structures begins with and continues 1069
The most devastating was the invasion of Batu Khan. Significant repair work should be attributed to 1649 when restoring underground areas, the individual introduced Baroque elements in their design. During the 80-ies of the XVII — XVIII centuries from the ancient complex of the iliinsky monastery of the caves built a wooden gallery on brick pillars leading to the Trinity monastery. Significant work produced in underground facilities, when it was done heating, set the oven tiled and created a system of ventilation channels.